Everyone loves the thrill of travel. Right from planning a trip and buying flight tickets, every step is filled with excitement and joy. But life never walks on the straight path always. Sometimes, you have to make changes to your plans or simply cancel your bookings. If you have previously faced something like that you must be aware of the JetBlue Airlines cancellation process which can be expensive as well as inconvenient. So, keep on reading this post to learn more about the JetBlue Airlines cancellation policy and several other aspects.
What is the Cancellation Policy for JetBlue Airlines?
This is a highly preferred airline of the country due to its low-cost fare options and flexible policy. When it comes to the JetBlue Airline reservation cancellation policy, you will be provided with the benefits of easy cancellation. Look at the following table to learn more:
|Fare Type/Class Options||Cancellations|
|Blue Basic||Cancellations Allowed|
|Blue||Cancel Fee and Difference in Fare|
|Blue Plus||Cancel Fee and Difference in Fare|
|Blue Extra||Airfare Will be Different|
|Blue Refundable||Airfare Will be Different|
|Blue Plus Refundable||Airfare Will be Different|
|Blue Extra Refundable||Airfare Will be Different|
|Mint||Cancel Fee and Difference in Fare|
|Mint Refundable||Airfare Will be Different|
Check the above-listed table to know whether you have a ticket that can easily be canceled or not. Keep on reading to know more about the other aspects of JetBlue Airlines ticket cancellation and JetBlue Airlines cancelation policy.
24- Hour Cancellation Policy of JetBlue Airlines
If you want to cancel your ticket at no extra cost, then you should do it within 24 hours of the booking. Check out the following points to learn more about the 24-hour JetBlue cancellation policy:
- You can cancel your ticket without paying any extra fee by cancelling it within 24 hours of the purchase
- You will need to pay a certain amount as the cancellation fee if you cancel your ticket after the free cancellation period is over i.e. after 24 hours of the booking
- Depending upon the route chosen, the airline will deduct a certain amount from your ticket as a cancellation fee if you do not take your flight on time
- As per the cancellation policy of JetBlue Airlines, you will not be allowed to cancel your tickets if you have chosen the Blue Basic fare option. It means you will not get any refund on the cancellation
- When it comes to the JetBlue Airline cancellation fee within 24 hours, it depends on the fare class and destination chosen. However, you can easily save up to US$25 by cancelling it online
- You will get the full refund if you are traveling with the Blue Extra Fare
- The airline will not charge any cancellation fee if it is due to corporate reasons. No matter whether you have a basic economy fare or a non-refundable ticket, the compensation will be provided
- In case your standby ticket is not confirmed, you will be provided with US$74 as per the cancellation policy of JetBlue
Conditions to Avail of the Benefits of 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
To avail of the benefits attached with this cancellation policy, you will need to fulfill the following conditions first:
- The take of date of your flight should be at least 7 or more days at the time of cancellation
- If you cancel your ticket after the free cancellation period of 24 hours, then you will need to pay the cancellation fees of US$75-US$200
- To get the refund, you must have a refundable ticket. But you can earn refund on a non-refundable ticket if you cancel it within 24 hours of the booking
JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy amid COVID-19
Everything has drastically been affected due to the Coronavirus and so has the airlines’ cancellation policy. According to the JetBlue Airlines alliance cancellation policy for COVID-19, you will be provided with the facility to cancel or change your booking if you have booked your tickets before 31st May 2021. You can even rebook your tickets by visiting the official website of JetBlue and reaching the “MANAGE TRIPS” section. When it comes to the JetBlue Airlines refund due to a canceled flight, you will get it in your Travel Bank Credit which will be valid for 1 year (12 months). To learn more about the COVID-19 flight cancellation policy of JetBlue, you can connect with us or simply check out the official website of the airline.
Flight Cancellation Fee and Related Factors
The cancellation fees of JetBlue highly depends on several features and some of them have been listed below:
- Ticket cancellation reasons
- Cancellation fee according to the ticket type chosen
- Time of ticket cancellation
Ticket Cancellation Reasons
There are many uncontrollable factors due to which you are forced to change or cancel your ticket. For instance, you will require cancelling your ticket if any of your close relatives have a serious health issue or someone in your family died. The flight cancellation will also take place if the passenger himself is facing critical health issues.
Cancellation Fees and Ticket Type
If you have a basic economy fare class ticket, you will have to pay the full amount as the cancellation fee. In case you are traveling with Blue Plus or Blue fare option, one of the following will be applied:
|Ticket Fare||Cancellation Fees|
|US$200 or more||US$200|
Time of Ticket Cancellation
Check out the following to learn more about the JetBlue Airlines cancellation fees according to the time:
- Before Departure – US$75-US$200 (per ticket)
- After Departure – Full Ticket Fare
If you are canceling a non-refundable airline ticket of JetBlue, then you will have to pay around 90% of your total cost of the ticket as the cancellation fee. Connect with us to learn more about the cancellation policy of JetBlue Airlines
How to Cancel a Flight Ticket with JetBlue Airlines?
The airline provides its passengers with multiple modes for flight cancellation. And these methods include the following:
- Official website
- Via a phone call
- Third-party websites or agents
Online Flight Cancellation
- Go to the official website of JetBlue
- Sign in to your TrueBlue account with your credentials
- After login, go to the MANAGE TRIPS option
- Click on the UPCOMING TRAVEL
- Select the suitable booking for cancellation
- Once you do it, you will need to pay cancellation fee, if any
When the cancellation process is done, you will be notified regarding the same on your email ID or phone number.
Flight Cancellation via a Phone Call
If you think that online flight cancellation is a bit tricky, then you can connect with the dedicated team of aviation executives of JetBlue by calling them on the helpline number. You can also contact JetBlue Airlines to know the cancelled flights’ status.
Connect with us to Learn More about the Cancellation Policy of JetBlue Airlines
In case you are unable to reach the customer support of JetBlue through the methods listed above, you can connect with us to learn more about the cancellation policy. You can also choose to cancel your flight tickets in case you have booked your seat through us. Get in touch with us for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to JetBlue Airlines Cancellation Policy
Some of the frequently asked questions about the cancellation policy of JetBlue Airlines have been answered here. Take a look: